Wednesday, January 25, 2012

A big year in the making



Once again I have not updated in a long while. There is good reason for this, mainly due to persisting injuries which inhibited me doing too much climbing. During this time I amused myself with surfing only to gain injuries in that too. What can I say, I must be getting old! However, I have returned yet again to climbing and have been training quite a bit. I have definitely found my mojo again. Since returning from the Grampians not too much got done really, I was very busy finishing my degree. Now that I have finished my degree I do feel I am able to get out more, kinda like the old days. The only thing now is to find job so I can pay for my travels. I have been able to get to the Mountains in the last week or so which was awesome, this gave me an idea as to where I am at and what I need to focus on for the future. I really miss the Mountains. Since starting my degree I have only been able to get there a handful of times a year. So what is happening for 2012? Well I have devised a periodised plan for most of the year. This is just a rough guide I guess and I am sure little changes will take place though it's good to have a plan. I have numerous goals which are spread from the Mountains (so much has been developed in new areas I haven't seen), Nowra, local crags & the Grampians. I am also hoping of a bigger overseas trip too. I just need to stay injury free. I will also get out for many more weekend trips so lets hope for a good year ahead. The pic above is of a little bloc me and the Mrs found down at Airies Inlet on the Great Ocean road.

No comments: