Thursday, December 30, 2010

Almost 2011, what will it bring?...... How about a CLIMBING GYM




2011 is almost here. This coming year should put Newcastle back on the climbing map. A few people have gone in together to build from ground up Newcastle's ONLY climbing gym. This gym will be excellent. The people building it have a great idea on shapes and the dynamics of climbing. The gym atmosphere should be amazing as Newcastle has such an array of people and abilities. I cannot wait to get in there and get a great scene going. Watch out Sydney squads cause Novocastrians will be coming through the ranks. The website can be viewed here:

http://www.pulseclimbing.com.au/

On a personal note, I have been keeping in shape but have tapered back a little on the climbing as it has been an extremely busy time for me. Elevated temperatures also contribute to the decrease in training. I finished my 3rd yr in my degree this year, so exams were intense followed by a month prac placement followed by more assignments and finally the Christmas period. I have been surfing quite a bit and have seen good improvements in my skills which is great. For 2011 I have a few goals (both routes and bouldering) and a few trips in the making. I am hoping if all goes according to plan to organise a great trip once I finish my degree. Until then, see you round,
Cheers.

2 comments:

Pulse Climbing said...

Rad man! Thanks for the shout out!

Check these out to keep you psyched in the meantime http://www.pulseclimbing.com.au/?p=184

Anonymous said...

awsome mate, looks like your gonna get even stronger now YEAHHHH.
Hope you well mate
Chris